Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Day One: Brown's Diner - Mary's Notes
7. A tiny bit to the point of greasy, but not enough to complain about. I got 3-4 dribbles on my shirt.
4. Honestly, it was kind of sad-looking. The lettuce was the pre-shredded variety and not the freshest.
8. Awesome dive. Dark, wood-paneled room with tile ceilings and you just know the place would have been completely filled with smoke back in the days when it was still legal to be. Also, great service from our waitress and I might add that my burger was cooked perfectly to order.
8. For right now. There's still another nine minutes to go, but overall I'm pretty clear-headed and non-lethargic.
7. An additional pleaser was a normal-person-sized drinking glass, Pepsi - not Coke, an anomaly in the South - and no straw to encourage over-indulgence.